Wednesday 29 September 2021

2021 Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt

Over the course of the summer I have been taking part in the Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt which Mary-Lou of Patio Postcards has devised. I've been joining in with the Scavenger Hunt since 2013 and links to my photos from previous years can be found on the right 👉. This week I managed to take my final photos for this year so here they are:

1. A Breakfast of Champions

I don't usually eat breakfast so an egg and bacon roll whilst on holiday is a real treat.

2. Favourite Time of Day Alternative A: show off your  COVID safety; masks, cleaning, or other related supplies

Handbag essentials since the start of the pandemic.

3. Something To Represent Home But Not The Building

Home sign found in our holiday cottage in Wales.

4. Head In The Clouds; shapes or interesting patterns

Clouds on a sunny day.

5. The Art Of The Fold

Origami Cranes

6. Something That Makes You Laugh or Happy

Scrapbooking makes me happy

7. What's In Bloom

Flowers in bloom at Michelham Priory, East Sussex

8. Window Views

Window view at Portmeirion Wales

9. Something Older Than You

A bell that we have on display in the lounge. I used to regularly attended our local Methodist Church but sadly due to declining numbers the church was closed some years ago. Before the contents of the church were sold and eventually the building too, the few remaining members were asked if there was an object or two from the church that they would like to have as a souvenir. I choose a pen and ink drawing of the building and this bell. The bell was used in the Sunday School room and dates from 1897. I used it last year on the final doorstep 'Clap for Carers' when we were also encouraged to ring bells.

10. The Delivery Van/Truck Making The Deliveries B: a local landmark

Our village Church is visible from miles around and was referred to by Sir John Betjeman as the ‘Cathedral of the Chilterns’

11. The Shape of Round/Circular

Wheels at The National Slate Museum, Llanberis, Wales

12. Something That Is Cause For Celebration

Celebrating my daughters A Level results.

13. Your Marie Kondo Moment – Or Not

Sock Drawer

14. Inside Your Fridge Or Cupboard

Aftermath after a can of Pepsi exploded in the fridge! 😕

15. Your Best Doodle Art (not public graffiti) C: the most beautiful landscape photo of the season

Beddgelert, Snowdonia, Wales

16. A Guilty Pleasure; Something That Recharges You

Cake!!!!!

17. An Exit

Exit at Michelham Priory, East Sussex

18. Upside Down, Right Side Up

A sign of the times. Tables not in use in a restaurant due to Covid restrictions - takeout food only.

19. Steps, But Who's Counting

Steps to The Quarry Hospital Museum at Llanberis, Wales

20. Decades Of Sharing; find something in your home that is from the 70's or 80's or 90's or 00's

Brooke Bond Tea Collectors Cards from 1970s

I really enjoyed this years hunt and am looking forward to joining in again next year.

2 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Karen thank you so much for joining in with this year's SPSH. I moaned right along with you about the Pepsi accident, get example!! And WOW to your Marie Kondo moment, you do have the fold down pat. I try the roll & all my t-shirts flop over, I may revert to a neat fold & stack method. Your best landscape photo is definitely a calendar moment - what a beautiful scene.

debs14 said...

Oh that egg and bacon roll has made me hungry! What a treat.
What an impressive sock drawer. I can only admit to having a tidy t-shirt drawer! I followed Marie's fold and stack method and have surprisingly kept it like that for over a year now.