Friday 4 September 2009

Day 247 - September 4th

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS!!!!

I love books! I have tonnes of books! But, over the years my taste in books has changed so I have loads of books that in the past I have read once or maybe twice but am unlikely to read again and so just sit in cupboards, in boxes under beds and even in the loft. I hate the thought of just throwing them away and there's only so many books you can give to charity shops, etc. I've tried selling some on Ebay before but to be honest for how little you get for books on Ebay its not worth the effort.

So, last week I registered with Read It Swap It - the UKs free book swap site that allows you to swap the books you don't want for the second-hand books that you do. I listed 55 of my books and so far in just a week I have arranged 4 swaps for books that I'm more likely to read. I've managed to get hold of 'Angels and Demons' by Dan Brown that I've been meaning to buy for some time. For just the cost of posting my book to the other Read It Swap It member I will get a used, but perfectly readable copy and in the process have got rid of one of the books that is cluttering up the house. I think I could get addicted to the site!

My photo for today is of just a few of the books that have been listed.

4 comments:

Coffeedoff said...

That is a great idea!

Deb said...

You know I am sure I registered with that site a year or so ago - but never got around to listing any books!Its a great idea and I think I should go and round up some of my books as like you they seem to take over the house. Thanks for the reminder.

Lynn said...

That sounds like a great idea, May need to do this too, as like you I have far too many books I will never read again.

Linda said...

That sounds like a great idea - might have to look into that! Just got rid of a load of books by taking them into work for the others to read.