Sunday 19 September 2010

52 Walks in 2010 - Walk 33 - Wrest Park, Silsoe, Bedfordshire (19th September 2010)

Todays walk was our third visit this year to Wrest Park, Silsoe, Bedfordshire so apologies to regular readers of my blog if the photos are a little repetitive although on this visit I decided to focus on the many statues that are around the park.



Many of the statues date from the 1830s.




Its a shame that many of the statues are covered in bird poop - an occupational hazard of being a statue I guess. LOL.













There were already signs of autumn showing in the park, like this mushroom/toadstool.



But there were still insects around busily trying to collect pollen from the last few remaining flowers.



On our way back to the car we noticed the farmer harvesting his crop. Last year when I did the 365 project I desperately wanted to photograph a harvest scene - combine and fields of golden corn but never managed it. So this year although the scene wasn't quite what I had expected, I did get a couple of harvest photos.





Whilst not part of the walk I've popped these last two photos on my blog of conkers that we collected on our way home. A lot of the horse chestnut trees we saw were still suffering from disease so were pleased to find one that actually had quite a few conkers which we could collect.





1 comment:

Deb said...

I always love your photos from Wrest Park - so I don't mind a return visit! I like the way you have chosen a different aspect by photographing the statues - they have all come out really well. Glad you managed to get some nice Autumn shots as well. Deb x