Friday 19 November 2010

52 Walks in 2010 - Walk 42 - A Walk around Our Garden (18th November 2010)

I am so conscious that I am quite a few weeks behind with my 52 walks and not liking to be defeated I am desperate to try and catch up. So today I took a walk ........ around our garden. I know its a bit of a cop out but when needs must.

Unfortunately the garden looks pretty bleak at the moment. There are lots of leaves on the grass.



But on closer inspection there a few splashes of colour. These berries are on a Maple Tree. It is actually a bit different to your usual Maple Tree because each year one side of the tree bears red berries ...................



......... whilst the other side bears pink berries!



We assume that the nursery where the tree came from grafted two varieties together. Don't know whether this was intentional but it makes for an interesting looking tree.

Elsewhere in the garden there are the odd brightly coloured leaf like these on the Spirea Bush.



These Cyclamen where bought last weekend and are still waiting to be planted in tubs. Hopefully they will bring a bit of colour to the front of the house in the coming months.



Amazingly some of the bulbs in the garden are already starting to peep through the soil.



We have snow forecast for this part of the country towards the end of next week so either I shall be able to go for a nice snowy walk or I'll take the easy option and decide to stay inside in the warm. Hmmmm, wonder which it will be!!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Great pictures Karen. I'm gettign behind too. It's nearly always too dark when Im free! Those berries are interesting.