Wednesday 13 February 2013

Day 44 - February 13th (Ash Wednesday)


This week is quickly turning into a 'food' week. In our family Ash Wednesday  is also known as 'Doughnut Day' and we eat 'Bedfordshire Doughnuts'. I'm not sure where this tradition came from and it seems kind of strange to be eating these sweet treats given that Ash Wednesday is the start of Lent and a period of abstinence. My Mum has the job each year of making the doughnuts (which are actually like Welsh Griddle Cakes) and she didn't disappoint today.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Karen! Not sure if you remember but I played along with you on 265 2009. Was it really that long ago??? Lovely seeing your photos this time, just hopped over from the Scrapology blog. I contemplated doing 365 again, but find it really difficult to take photos in the depths of winter:(. Good luck with your project:)

Anita said...

These look absolutely delicious Karen....before I read the write up I thought straight away that they were Welsh Cakes x