Tuesday 12 December 2023

Day 346 - December 12th

Tonight was my Book Club's Christmas meal. We had a lovely meal at the pub where we hold our meetings and after we had eaten we had our traditional Secret Book Swap. 

Everyone had wrapped a pre-loved book and wrote a description on the wrapper. Something about the story and/or why someone else might like the book eg you’d like this if you enjoy mysteries. The books were them anonymously placed on the table and everyone got to chose a wrapped book.

I was thrilled with the book I chose. It was a 1940s hardbacked copy of Hercule Poirot's Christmas and several others were envious that they had not chosen it. Yes, the book was very well worn with a torn dust-jacket but I love that its over 80 years old and I've wondered who has owned it during those 80 years and where it's been.

No comments: