Thursday 23 April 2009

Day 113 - April 23rd (St George's Day)

"I’m only a poor little sparrow (aaah)
No colourful feathers have i ( its a shame)
I can’t even sing
When I’m nesting in spring
The turnips don’t grow very high"

(Peculiar last line I know but thems the words!)

I have been stalking sparrows for days! They have been sitting in a tree in a neighbours garden, chirping away and I'm sure they've been laughing at me. Everytime I have got near enough to take a photo they have either turned their backs on me or moved to a different branch. Today I beat them and managed to get this snap. Aha Gotcha!

2 comments:

joanold said...

Great shot! I've set my camera to make a birdsong noise on setup, but I'm still not catching the birds!

Coffeedoff said...

Super shot. Birds seem to vanish if there is a camera about.