Sunday 28 June 2009

Day 179 - June 28th

Wayne and Christopher went fishing and took the camera with them but the results weren't good so fishing photos will have to wait until next time.

Wayne was watering my parents garden this evening when he showed me a bug he's noticed on one of the gorgeous Lilies I posted a photo of a couple of days ago. Of course I had to take a photo of it because of its striking colour and then googled it to find out what it was. Shock horror it was a Red Lily Beetle which the RHS website says "the adults and larvae can devour a lily plant in a matter of days". So back I went and got rid of the critter and hope he was the only one and that I won't find a load more tomorrow otherwise I'm going to have to get some pest spray.




2 comments:

Deb said...

Oohh!! lovely photo - but hope that bug is the only one - they sound very greedy things!

Coffeedoff said...

He is a bright colour, good job as he is easy to spot.