Wednesday 2 January 2013

Day 2 - January 2nd


A rather random shot today, but there is a story behind this photo.

When my eldest son went off to Uni in September he left behind an old pair of converse trainers because they were rather tatty and grubby. He said that he didn't want them any more and that I could have them if I wanted (even though they were 2 sizes too big!). Whilst he's been away, I decided to try and clean them up. Armed with cleaning fluid I scrubbed the white plastic and put them through the washing machine. When he returned home  I showed him the cleaner trainers and now as an impoverished student he decided that they were so much better that they were worth him investing a couple of pounds in a pair of new laces and they will now be joining him at Uni next term.

1 comment:

Anita said...

gosh they scrubbed up well Karen....nice work x