Thursday 9 January 2014

Day 8 - January 8th

Today I went to Letchworth Garden City. Whilst there I decided to do a bit of film location spotting. Regular followers of my blog will recall me mentioning before that the film 'The World's End' (the third in the Cornetto trilogy, following Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz) was  filmed on location at Letchworth.

I saw The Colonnade pub .............


............. which in the film was transformed into The Two Headed Dog.


I saw the railway station ..................


............. which in the film was transformed into The Hole in the Wall pub.


And, I saw The Three Magnets pub ...............


............. which in the film was transformed into The Trusty Servant.


Ironic that the location for a film about a pub crawl should be filmed on location in a town which when created in the early 1900's had a total ban on the selling of alcohol in public premises which wasn't lifted until 1958.


No comments: