Monday 2 February 2009

Day 33 - February 2nd

Today the heaviest snowfall to hit the UK in 18 years brought a large part of the country to a standstill. Many schools were closed. My children eagerly sat by the radio waiting to hear whether their schools were closed - they were not! So off they all went. My sons caught their school buses and I walked my daughter to her school. By 11.30am my eldest sons school had been closed and he was bused back home, and by 1pm my other son's school had been closed and he was also bused home. Only my daughter's school managed to stay open for the whole day. When they got home the boys both disappeared with their friends to have fun and after collecting my daughter she and I built the obligatory snowman. Later when they were finally all home together they all enjoyed playing in the garden throwing snowballs and the boys dragging their sister round the garden in the sledge. We so rarely get any serious amount of snow and it was so lovely to see them enjoying themselves.

1 comment:

joanold said...

They look as if they're having fun.