Tuesday 22 December 2009

Day 356 - December 22nd

At this time of year I usually find some books with a festive theme to read.



Skipping Christmas by John Grisham is one of my favorites. . I bought this copy whilst I was pregnant with Lara. She was due to be born on December 22nd and anticipating that I might end up in hospital over Christmas I thought it would be a good read whilst I was there. As it happened she was born on December 16th and I didn't get to read the book that year. I have read it several times since though and also love the film 'Christmas with the Kranks' which is based on this book.

A Wayne in a Manger by Gervase Phinn was a book I meant to buy last year but never got around to it. I love Gervase Phinn's books about his time as a school inspector and was really pleased to get this copy on Read It Swap It.

Carol by Bob Hartman is a new purchase this year and is a contemporary retelling of Charles Dickens' classic story "A Christmas Carol".

2 comments:

Deb said...

What a great idea - I have never read any of those books! I have just finished a really trashy novel by Alan Titchmarsh!

Coffeedoff said...

I will have a search for them on audio books in our library!