Sunday 1 November 2009

Day 303 - October 30th

Today was our last full day in Norfolk. We decided to go for a walk a mile or so along the Norfolk Coast Park from Wells Quay to the beach.





The wide flat sandy beach with its pine trees and sand dunes stretches for miles towards Holkham and was featured in the film Shakespeare in Love. It was a lovely sunny day and there were a lot of people out.



Lara enjoyed digging in the sand.







and even Steven let me take his photo as he sat on the groynes.





There were lots of shells to collect.





On the beach there are 100 or so brightly painted beach huts which stretch for about a mile. We saw one advertised for sale in an estate agents window for £60,000! This next photo is my photo of the day.











Do you think this one would fetch £60,000?





After our walk along the beach we decided to return to the quay on the Wells Harbour Railway a 10¼” guage railway.

2 comments:

Coffeedoff said...

Love the little train. I'd like a go on that!

Deb said...

Lovely photos of Holkham Karen - did you do the geocache next to the beach? It was one of the first ones we ever did. Walking the whole of the 90 miles of the Norfolk coastal path was one of the challenges I had wanted to do in my 50th year. I bought the book but that was about as far as I got. Must think about doing it next year.