Sunday 9 August 2009

Day 220 - August 8th

Today was a lovely sunny day so we went to the beach at Westward Ho!. The children found what we think was a cockle stranded half way up the beach and 'rescued' it. Before putting it back into a pool they were intrigued to watch it open and shut and expel water from inside its shell.

This first photo is my photo for today............



........ but I like these too ...............

Steven and Lara played beach cricket. This photo reminds me of that old joke "When I nod my head, you hit it!"


As well as the cockle we also found a stranded crab. We released it back into the sea



Steven only learned to swim a few years ago so it was nice to see him swimming in the sea without any fear.


Lara tried to build her own stone stack of pebbles.


After a day at the beach we went for a stroll along the sea front at Instow. I like this shot.

2 comments:

Coffeedoff said...

It looks like a lovely day at the beach.

Deb said...

What a lovely collection of photos - I love to see children playing the beach. I like your POTD best as well - though they all show a great family day out on the beach - I am sure we shall see some of these on layouts soon.