Monday 17 August 2009

Day 228 - August 16th

Today we went to RHS Rosemoor at Great Torrington. The gardens, as were to be expected, were stunning and I have lots and lots of photos to choose my photo for today from but I choose this one of The Square Garden. The colours were out of this world.





Several years ago this gazebo was taken apart, conserved and rebuilt using the original materials in the grounds of Rosemoor some 2 miles from its original site.



There are other buildings within the grounds including this old stable.

























Obviously there were lots of plants and all so well looked after. Rather than bore you with photos of all of them here's a collage. I think if you click on it you should be able to get a bigger view.




2 comments:

Coffeedoff said...

Beautiful flowers!

Deb said...

Wow those gardens look like a gorgeous place to visit. I like your POTD - but I also think the metal sculpture of the gardener leaning on his shovel is just brill. I also like all the buildings dotted around the gardens - they are look very attractive.