Tuesday 25 August 2009

Day 237 - August 25th

For the last two days Lara has been trying to catch butterflies. Armed with an old fishing net and a jam jar she's been running around the garden trying to net one. She's been after the orange/brown ones but they are a little too quick for her. She did manage to catch a few white ones which were put in the jar for a few minutes so she could look at them. I was quite pleased when she told me that the best bit was setting them free again and watching them fly away.

I snapped this photo of her showing one of her catches to my Dad who was taking a break from cutting the grass. I think they were plotting the best way of catching the next one.

2 comments:

Deb said...

What a lovely family bonding time - with a nice story to tell.

Coffeedoff said...

They look so happy together!